Our client is a well-established successful, Residential Developer who are expanding their engineering department due to growth of the business. They are looking to appoint a Senior/Principal Civil Engineer to join their existing team in Warrington.
You will be responsible for the design on live Residential projects. Reporting directly to the Director, you will be responsible for taking designs from initial conception through to completion.
* Co-ordinating consultants for road, sewer, external works, private drainage structural, foundation, pump station and other bespoke designs. Review designs for cost/build issues and mark-up drawings/arrange meetings to feed back to consultants.
* Obtain technical submission drawing/info packs for submission to authorities.
* Obtain and evaluate new utility quotes for most cost effective and suitable offers.
* Assessment of any diversion/upgrade works required to existing services that affect the development and obtain costs/timescales for diversions in good time to suit programme. Calling off initial mains installation and attending prestart meetings with utility companies/organising payments.
* Obtaining foundation designs, suspended slab designs, schedules, standard details and relevant information to enable construction. Review all foundation designs for cost/build issues and make comments.
* Review site GI reports to see if any protective/remedial measures are required. Organise Geotech. Consultants to carry out testing/site works to clear planning conditions classify spoil material/waste and remediate ground if required to do so.
* Review ecological and arboricultural reports to ensure that protected species and vegetation are dealt with prior to any critical site works starting. Ongoing attendance with specialist consultants as required for certain protected species.
* Inspections/adoptions with authorities including fees, attendance of meetings on site with inspectors and contractors, procurement of as-built survey information/manhole cards, streetlight test certificates, CCTV surveys. Arrange for any remedial works to be carried out and determine whether these are the responsibility of the contractor or DDL.
* Organising CCTV/Jetting of existing/newly constructed sewers to ensure they are in good working order while in the maintenance period. Attending site or organising a drainage contractor if customer care issues relating to drainage are reported.
Required Skills/ Experience:
* Experience working on larger projects is desirable
* Highly organised with good problem-solving abilities and strong communication skills.
* You must enjoy working in a fast paced, team environment and be able to respond quickly to technical queries and evolving project briefs
Please phone Nick on 01242 244 767, or email firstname.lastname@example.org with your CV.
If this advertised position does not interest you, please consider our other opportunities by sending your updated CV outlining your achievements and your personal requisites, ie salary, location, job roles to us. We also operate a referral scheme, of which further details can be found on our website.
About Strata Consulting:
We are an Employment Agency specialising in the placement of contract and permanent staff in construction companies and design engineering consultancies across the UK. For further details please visit our website.
“Microdrainage”, “Civil 3D”, “Civil Engineer”, “Civil Design Engineer”, “PDS”, “Infrastructure Engineer”, “Design Engineer”, “Drainage”, “SUDS”, “Windes”, “Flood Water Management”, “S38”, “S278”, “S104”, “FRA”, “Flood Risk”, “Highways”, “Utilities”
Job Reference: NL/SE/WARR
Salary: £45000 - £55000 per annum
Salary per: Annum
Job Start Date:
Job Type: Permanent
Job Industry: Civil Engineering